At this time, Strymon products can only be ordered by calling us at 212.868.2660
The Front End to Your Dream Tone.
OB.1 combines studio quality, beautifully transparent analog optical compression with a Clean Boost with EQ curves designed to super-charge your favorite amp and reveal its true character. Featuring an all-analog signal path with premium components throughout, a high-impedance input, and very low noise circuitry, OB.1 is perfect for the number one spot in your signal chain. It’s the missing piece you’ve been searching for.
There is a monster trapped inside your low or medium gain amp, and OB.1 can set it free. Bring out your amp’s character in ways you never thought possible. Hear things you never knew your amp could do.
OB.1 provides greater than 20dB of gain-compensated compression, and with the integrated Clean Boost, an extra 10dB of full-frequency, mid or treble boost is available. Use the mid or treble boost together with a bit of transparent compression, and your amp will sound like it was just modified by a world-class boutique amp designer.
Clean Boost With Curves.
The first stage of a high gain amplifier channel doesn’t just boost gain, it also boosts high-end in such a way so that the distorted signal can cut through without getting bogged down by too much low-end. When you use OB.1 first in your signal chain and engage the mid or treble boost, that’s exactly what you’re achieving. Even if you’ve tried boost pedals before, you’ll be surprised by the transformation of your tone. Try the treble boost with humbuckers for biting solos or the mid boost to fatten up single coil pickups. There is also a flat setting for full-frequency Clean Boost.
Clean Up Your Playing.
Arpeggios, sweep-picking, hammer-ons, and other blazing techniques benefit when each note is played at a consistent level. OB.1’s optical compression preserves your attacks while smoothing out the overall signal, bringing out the softer notes. You can also enjoy the sustain of high gain without too much of the fizzy stuff. And OB.1’s extremely quiet analog signal path with its high-quality, low noise op amp and high-impedance input is perfect in front of your high-gain setup.
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching)
- Greater than 20dB of gain compensated compression
- Additional 10dB of full frequency, mid, or treble boost with Clean Boost engaged
- Treble Boost Frequency: Shelf at about 1.5 kHz or 2kHz switchable with internal DIP switches
- Mid Boost Frequency: Peak around 800 Hz or 1.1kHz switchable with internal DIP switches
- High impedance TS mono input
- Low impedance TS mono output
- 9V battery included, can also accept any standard 9V DC center negative power supply (20 mA current draw)
- Strong and lightweight anodized orange aluminum chassis
- Designed and built in the USA