Cabzeus is a algorithm-based speaker - cabinet - miking simulator system. Connected direct to your gears this device enables you to obtain the sound of a miked-guitar amp cabinet without the hassle of miking your cabinets. Extending this basic function, we’ve built into Cabzeus a plethora of unique and powerful features that goes beyond simple speaker simulations.
Cabzeus has 2 independent channels, each with its own input, thru, and output. Using a special software that we provide you can freely customize the simulation aspects (speaker type, cabinet type, mic placement, etc.) of each channel independently. To help you get the most of your stereo setup, we have also included powerful stereo processing functions such as :
- adding short delays (0.02 ms to 125 ms) to one of the channel.
- blending two simulation channels.
- independent volume and phase control.
2 Operating Modes :
- Stereo Cabs : simulates the process of close-miking two independent speaker cabinets. Each simulator channel has its own extensive set of parameters, including speakers and cabinet type selections, mic-placement , blending, phase, and volume, offering rich and versatile simulation scenarios for both live and direct-recording applications.
Stereo Mics : simulates the process of capturing the sound from a single speaker cabinet using two microphones, one mic is placed close to the speaker (close-mic) and the other is placed further back in the room (room-mic). An extensive set of controls offers flexible arrangements and powerful means to combine the two microphone signals into huge expansive stereo sounds.
Balance of Analog and Digital.
Cabzeus uses advanced DSP processing techniques coupled with clean and robust analog ciruit designs which ensures optimal operating headroom and absolutely minimal noise. Each algorithms has been painstakingly hand-crafted and tuned to achieve faithful emulation of popular and proven speakers and cabinets, we literally spent hundreds of hours analyzing speakers data and and equal amount of time reconstructing their responses through complex algorithms.
Speaker & Cab selection
Speakers selections are organized into 4 classes : Guitar, Bass, Gears, and Miscellaneous.
Integrated DI Box
You can connect a wide range of input sources, ranging from your favorite stompboxes, preamps, your head amp's speaker out, to any music player (see Application Ideas). Its stereo balanced outputs are capable of driving long cables straight to mixing console or FOH speakers. These outputs are tolerant to phantom power, they will not be damaged by accidental application of phantom power.
- Compact, stereo Speaker / Cabinet simulator + DI Box.
- 2 inputs - 2 thrus - 2 outputs (balanced)
- 8 Presets.
- Input Pads : 0dB (unity), -20dB or -30dB.
- Independent Mic Position controls.
- Deep algorithms editing via CabsLab® software.
- MIDI and External Switch Inputs for remote preset change.
- Stereo headphone out with volume control.
- Internal charge pump circuitry boosts 9V supply voltage to 18V for extended headroom.
- Input impedance : 1 MOhm.
- Output impedance : 300 Ohm.
- Sampling rate : 48 KHz.
- DAC / ADC resolution : 24 bits.
- Current consumption : ~150 mA.
- Weight : 0.6 Kg (1.2 lbs).
- Dimension : 12 (L) x 9 (W) x 5.5 (H) cm
- Power source requirement : 9VDC (negative center).