The Bigsby pedal from Gamechanger Audio is a revolutionary polyphonic pitch shifter pedal that is able to reproduce the string bending and vibrato effects produced by the Bigsby Tremolo arm and other traditional tremolo systems. Powered by the formidable SHARC Audio Processor, the Bigsby pedal runs a hybrid algorithm specifically developed by Gamechanger Audio to achieve smooth polyphonic real-time pitch-shifting at low intervals. It has been painstakingly tweaked to preserve the natural timbre and sound of electric and acoustic string instruments, including baritone and bass guitars, guitars, mandolins, banjos, etc. The unique spring-loaded foot-pedal design makes it possible to incorporate pitch-shifting into your playing in new and creative ways.
The Bigsby pedal is always “on”—the only thing you need to do to activate it is to step on the foot-pedal. The algorithm ensures that transitions between the Dry and Wet (pitched) signals are as smooth as possible, allowing you to seamlessly incorporate pitch-bends into complex picking patterns as well as lead and melodic lines. This opens the door to a world of new strumming patterns, bend combinations and beautiful lap-steel and slide-inspired licks that cannot be achieved with traditional tremolo systems. Another key component of the Bigsby pedal’s sound is the detune parameter, another carefully crafted algorithm that is designed to emulate the imperfections and dissonant properties of traditional mechanical string-bending hardware. As a result, the vibrato effects produced by the Bigsby pedal are almost indistinguishable from those of a conventional tremolo arm.
- High-quality buffered bypass and seamless transitions into and out of bypass
- Multi-fuction LED-lit knobs. LED color and intensity are indicators of the selected parameters and values
- AUTO mode, with an LFO controlling the pitch-bend rate and the foot-pedal controlling pitch bend depth
- Up to 12 semitone pitch-shifts in both directions. The pitch-bend range can be set separately for both directions
- Foot-pedal and pitch-shift direction invert switch
- 10 user preset slots accessible via MIDI PC