This pedal is the new mini version of the Air Traffic Controller – but with a switchable filter. The overdrive circuit (not switchable) is from the – now discontinued – El Distorto, so this is actually a two-in-one pedal. With the filter on and some white noise blended in it gives a’ moogy-soloing’ hi-resonance funk sound, or a stinging and intense lead tone. Filter off gives our tweaked mid-rangey optimum fuzz (as loved by Billy Gibbons).
White noise hiss is a feature often ignored in ‘synth’ pedals, but it can add a great texture to the tone. Here it’s blendable; have none at all, just a clear zing – or crank it up towards electro percussion….
There’s also volume and drive controls, a ‘hi/lo’ resonance button, and an ‘incoming’ signal indicator. It’s powered by standard 9v PSU (centre earth) – not included.
This is actually the most flexible pedal from Rainger FX, covering guitar sounds that range from chunky and straightforward, or with a more electro edge, through to noise-based percussion guitar.
- Guitar overdrive with unique synthy edge
- The world's smallest analogue synth pedal
- Hi/lo resonance filter
- White noise hiss blending
- Switchable to only overdrive
- Custom-designed mini-pedal format, all sockets on top end panel!
- Amazing for funk, techno-rock, acid, fusion, shoe gaze, electro, synth-pop, noise-based music…
- A whole new approach to 'synth' effects pedals, in a Rainger FX mini-pedal
- Keeps the underlying character and tone of your guitar
- 'INCOMING' LED on the 'radar' display shows 'signal present'
- True bypass footswitching