Maxon’s take on the legendary Mu-Tron III, the AF-9 Auto Filter uses special optical circuitry to reproduce the liquid, shimmering, vowel-like envelope filtering that made the Mu-Tron a staple of 70’s Funk and Soul music.
The AF-9's intuitive user interface makes it easy to dial in the effect – slider pots are used for Threshold and Peak controls to allow for quick changes to the response and tonality of the filter.
The Threshold control determines the degree of pick attack needed to trigger the filter.
The Peak control boosts the center frequency of the filter to emphasize the filtering effect (think Resonance control on a synthesizer).
The Range switch determines the overall frequency where the filter sits, while the Drive switch determines the direction of the filter sweep – low to high or high to low.
Three selectable Filter types (HP, BP, and LP) and a frequency range of 100 Hz to 4 KHz allow the user to dial in the AF-9’s wah effect with virtually any instrument or input signal.
From simple Wah to funked-up Outer Space explorations, the AF-9 provides the most delicious, delightful, diabolical wah filter effects available in a compact, user-friendly package.
Maxon AF-9 Auto Filter Features:
- Optical Envelope Filter ala’ vintage Mu-Tron III
- Funky, liquid, vowel-like Wah effects
- Low Pass, Band Pass
andHigh Pass filters
- Low and High operation ranges
- Threshold and Peak sliders
- Up/Down Drive switch
- True Bypass Switching
- Input Impedance: 500K Ohms
- Input Jack: 1/4 inch standard phone jack
- Output Impedance: 10K Ohms
- Output Jack: 1/4 inch standard phone jack
- Output: 1
- Residual Noise: -95 dB or less (input shorted IHF-A weighted)
- Filter Frequency: 100 Hz 2 KHz (Low) / 200 Hz 4 KHz (High)
- Controls: Sensitivity, Peak
- Switch: Normal/Effect (true bypass configuration), Filter LP/BP/HP, Drive Up/Down, Range High/Low
- Power Supply: 9V Manganese dry cell battery (6F22) or special AC adaptor
- Power Voltage: DC9 V (Battery) / DC10 V (AC-adaptor)
- Current Consumption: 17 mA (9 V) / 19 mA (10 V)
- AC Adaptor: AC210N (option) Input: AC120V Output: DC9V/200 mA Center - / Sleeve +)
- Dimensions (whole): 74 mm (W) x 124 mm (D) x 54 mm (H)